The UN Women Executive Board will convene for this year’s first regular session from 14 to 15 February 2022, remotely via the Zoom Platform.
UN Women Executive Board to convene first regular session of 2022
The President of the Executive Board, H.E. Rabab Fatima, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations, will open the Session at 10 a.m. EDT. UN Women Executive Director, Sima Bahous, will deliver opening remarks.
Over the two days, UN Women will present:
- An update on audit matters, including presentations on: Financial report and audited financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2020; Report of the Board of Auditors on the financial statements for the year of 31 December 2020; Implementation of the recommendations of the Board of Auditors contained in its reports on the United Nations funds and programmes for the year ended 31 December 2020; Updated status of UN Women management actions to address outstanding audit recommendations.
- A regional briefing on the activities of UN Women in the Arab States region.
- An update on the implementation of recommendations in the independent victim-centred review of UN Women policies and processes on tackling sexual exploitation and abuse and sexual harassment.
- A presentation on a meta-synthesis of UN Women’s evaluations, including a management perspective and response.
- A presentation on UN Women’s key updates on the implementation of UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board recommendations.
In addition, the Chair of the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS and UN Women Staff Council will address the Executive Board, followed by a response on the related management action.
The detailed agenda of the 2022 First Regular Session and all official documents may be accessed on the Executive Board webpage. The session can be followed via UN Web TV.