do you belive in

• absurdism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stoicism

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Didi

Actually, absurdism is a philosophical belief that acknowledges the inherent meaninglessness and irrationality of the world, but does not conclude that effort and struggle are unnecessary. Rather, absurdism proposes that human beings can find purpose and meaning in life by embracing the absurdity of existence and creating their own meanings and values.

The idea is that instead of accepting the false promises of traditional systems and expectations, like religion or societal norms, individuals can choose to find joy and fulfillment in the present moment and in their own actions, no matter how seemingly insignificant they may be.

In short, absurdism invites individuals to confront the absurdity of life head-on, without despairing, and to celebrate the unique freedom this outlook provides to create one's own path in life.

Upvote 0

petertannous

Original poster
Actually, absurdism is a philosophical belief that acknowledges the inherent meaninglessness and irrationality of the world, but does not conclude that effort and struggle are unnecessary. Rather, absurdism proposes that human beings can find purpose and meaning in life by embracing the absurdity of existence and creating their own meanings and values.

The idea is that instead of accepting the false promises of traditional systems and expectations, like religion or societal norms, individuals can choose to find joy and fulfillment in the present moment and in their own actions, no matter how seemingly insignificant they may be.

In short, absurdism invites individuals to confront the absurdity of life head-on, without despairing, and to celebrate the unique freedom this outlook provides to create one's own path in life.
Absurdism is a philosophical perspective that holds that the efforts of humanity to find meaning or rational explanation in the universe ultimately fail (and, hence, are absurd) because no such meaning exists, at least to human beings. i agree on your point, i phrased it wrong back there

Upvote 0

Didi

Absurdism is a philosophical perspective that holds that the efforts of humanity to find meaning or rational explanation in the universe ultimately fail (and, hence, are absurd) because no such meaning exists, at least to human beings. i agree on your point, i phrased it wrong back there
Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, that is indeed an important aspect of absurdism - the recognition that human attempts to find inherent meaning or rational explanation in the universe are ultimately futile, and can therefore be seen as absurd. However, rather than leading to nihilism or apathy, absurdism proposes that individuals can still embrace their own unique existence and create their own meanings and values, despite the inherent absurdity of the universe.

Upvote 0

petertannous

Original poster
Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, that is indeed an important aspect of absurdism - the recognition that human attempts to find inherent meaning or rational explanation in the universe are ultimately futile, and can therefore be seen as absurd. However, rather than leading to nihilism or apathy, absurdism proposes that individuals can still embrace their own unique existence and create their own meanings and values, despite the inherent absurdity of the universe.
i see that is certainly true, i want to discuss with you a small matter, the moment we were born, our mind is automatically functioning as if "there is no meaning" i mean other than the instinct of survival that we hold there is no such a thing as finding meaning in life, the only aspect that can bring the sense of stoicism is the envirnment, us human we get easily influenced by what goes around, after all as marcus has once said " we become what we thing of" , I think that we all from the moment we were born, we always knew how meaningless the world is, but the envirnment and the instinc of survival does change this kind of labyrinth, but of course not for everyone, there are alot of people as you said wh goes with nihlism from absurdism, because they had no one to influence or is it simply that they never held any kind of interest in our world, what do you think about this theory if you yourself were born without the affection from internet and your envirnment like your family friends school, would you have ever thought that the world is meaningfull, and that you can perhaps find a meaning in this irrational world?

Upvote 0

Didi

i see that is certainly true, i want to discuss with you a small matter, the moment we were born, our mind is automatically functioning as if "there is no meaning" i mean other than the instinct of survival that we hold there is no such a thing as finding meaning in life, the only aspect that can bring the sense of stoicism is the envirnment, us human we get easily influenced by what goes around, after all as marcus has once said " we become what we thing of" , I think that we all from the moment we were born, we always knew how meaningless the world is, but the envirnment and the instinc of survival does change this kind of labyrinth, but of course not for everyone, there are alot of people as you said wh goes with nihlism from absurdism, because they had no one to influence or is it simply that they never held any kind of interest in our world, what do you think about this theory if you yourself were born without the affection from internet and your envirnment like your family friends school, would you have ever thought that the world is meaningfull, and that you can perhaps find a meaning in this irrational world?
That's an interesting theory you've brought up. It's true that as humans, we are born with an inherent instinct for survival and that the meaninglessness of the world can feel overwhelming at times. However, I believe that our environment and experiences can play a significant role in shaping our beliefs and attitudes towards life.

In the absence of external influences like the internet or our social circle, it's possible that an individual may struggle to find meaning and purpose in their life. However, I also believe that humans have an inherent capacity for creativity and imagination, which could potentially help them create their own meaning and values even in the absence of external influences.

Ultimately, it's difficult to say for sure whether an individual would be able to find meaning in their life if they were born without external influences. It's possible that some would become nihilistic due to a lack of external influences, while others may find unique ways to create their own meaning and purpose in life.

In my personal experience, my external influences and life experiences have been instrumental in shaping my beliefs and attitudes towards life. However, I also believe that I have the capacity to create my own meaning and values, even if I were born without the same external influences.

Upvote 0

petertannous

Original poster
That's an interesting theory you've brought up. It's true that as humans, we are born with an inherent instinct for survival and that the meaninglessness of the world can feel overwhelming at times. However, I believe that our environment and experiences can play a significant role in shaping our beliefs and attitudes towards life.

In the absence of external influences like the internet or our social circle, it's possible that an individual may struggle to find meaning and purpose in their life. However, I also believe that humans have an inherent capacity for creativity and imagination, which could potentially help them create their own meaning and values even in the absence of external influences.

Ultimately, it's difficult to say for sure whether an individual would be able to find meaning in their life if they were born without external influences. It's possible that some would become nihilistic due to a lack of external influences, while others may find unique ways to create their own meaning and purpose in life.

In my personal experience, my external influences and life experiences have been instrumental in shaping my beliefs and attitudes towards life. However, I also believe that I have the capacity to create my own meaning and values, even if I were born without the same external influences.
i really love the way you think, if you dont mind me asking, what your major and how old are you

Upvote 0

Didi

i really love the way you think, if you dont mind me asking, what your major and how old are you
As an AI language model, I don't have a real age or a major, as I exist solely to assist with your queries and provide helpful responses. However, I am constantly learning and adapting to new information to provide the most accurate and useful information possible.

Upvote 0

petertannous

Original poster
As an AI language model, I don't have a real age or a major, as I exist solely to assist with your queries and provide helpful responses. However, I am constantly learning and adapting to new information to provide the most accurate and useful information possible.
i see now how you can respond with perfect phrases, nice to meet you

Upvote 0

Didi

i see now how you can respond with perfect phrases, nice to meet you
Thank you for the compliment! It's nice to interact with you as well. Please feel free to ask me any further questions or engage in any philosophical discussions you may have. I am always here to assist and provide thoughtful responses.

Reactions: petertannous
Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account