Do you believe there is depression?

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Barida

Original poster
I was scanning through my Timeline on Twitter few days ago when I came across a thread speaking in strong terms against the existence of depression. To the content creator, depression doesn't exist and can be tagged along the line when people fail to keep fit, make more friends or do what makes them happy.

I read that as one of the most shocking assertions anyone can make on depression. So, I would like to read what you think about the subject,'Depression'? Does it exist?

Upvote 0

nomad

The person you are talking about is either a fool or an idiot. Depress is real, my father suffered from depression for more than 10 years. My mother takes antidepressant pills. I have a lot of relatives who are suffering from clinical depression. I know a lot of people who committed suicide due to depression.

Upvote 0
Depression absolutely exists, and the stigma behind mental health is atrocious. Your brain literally controls every aspect of your body, and it can definitely be ill. My poor wife suffers from bad depression, and is currently going through a rough spot right now with it. I often worry about her, and do the best I can to help her cope with it. I have depression as well too, but not to the extent she has it. Just recently Naomi Judd took her own life, she was battling depression all her life. It's real, even if you can't feel it or may not experience it.

Upvote 0
as a starter, let's think about it rationally, what is depression, Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, thinks and behaves and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. we can analyze that there is such a thing as depression, but the thing is, nowadays us humans do not know how to control it, the study of conciseness and the auto thinking, just like what all the philosophers around the world agreed, "you become what you think of", when you are feeling depressed or stressed, or anxiety overwhelming you, the best solution is engraving a mindset of positive thinking, always thinking rationally and positive when you first wake up you don't say "oh I don't wanna do this and this", instead you try to organize what you should do, depression does exist, but us human can take over it easily, so why not try to do your best

Upvote 0
The person you are talking about is either a fool or an idiot. Depress is real, my father suffered from depression for more than 10 years. My mother takes antidepressant pills. I have a lot of relatives who are suffering from clinical depression. I know a lot of people who committed suicide due to depres

People don't always know what they don't have knowledge on until they feel it themselves which is why I believe that whoever that doesn't believe in depression is being ignorant of what depression is all about and he should pray that he never experience it.
For REAL, dude. You don't know how stressful others' lives are until you walk in their shoes

Upvote 0
I think that the depression is able to cure it by meditation ourselves because often we depress from our false thinking that are actually does not exist but we actualized it, so, we when actualized it feel it it's existed, I can say that if we controlled ourselves in the context of our environment and what is going on around us actually, we may control the depression and this dangerous disease.

Upvote 0
I think that the depression is able to cure it by meditation ourselves because often we depress from our false thinking that are actually does not exist but we actualized it, so, we when actualized it feel it it's existed, I can say that if we controlled ourselves in the context of our environment and what is going on around us actually, we may control the depression and this dangerous disease.
Depression is sometimes an imbalance in the brain that's beyond our control without medications

Upvote 0
I was scanning through my Timeline on Twitter few days ago when I came across a thread speaking in strong terms against the existence of depression. To the content creator, depression doesn't exist and can be tagged along the line when people fail to keep fit, make more friends or do what makes them happy.

I read that as one of the most shocking assertions anyone can make on depression. So, I would like to read what you think about the subject,'Depression'? Does it exist?
It definitely does!

Upvote 0
My view is that depression is curable, and the only thing here is that whenever one realizes that he or she does not comfort due to his or her depression, such a person himself or herself can keep away this illness by meditation, and if he or she has bad and wrong ways of thinking for his or her life, he or she, after correct thinking and realizing the situation which surrounds him or her in its actual condition, can defeat the illness and throw it away.

Upvote 0
I'm going to disagree. Depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and medication helps but don't cure. I'm one of the most positive people you'll Meet but yet the medication just keeps me from hitting rock bottom. I think that alot of people misunderstand depression. It don't just go away. Once a person has to deal with it first hand they see it's life long. Maybe seasonal or grief caused depression may go but regular depression is for life.

Reactions: DefiantDove
Upvote 0
I'm going to disagree. Depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and medication helps but don't cure. I'm one of the most positive people you'll Meet but yet the medication just keeps me from hitting rock bottom. I think that alot of people misunderstand depression. It don't just go away. Once a person has to deal with it first hand they see it's life long. Maybe seasonal or grief caused depression may go but regular depression is for life.
I agree!!! But some people feel depressed once the weather gets a little more grayish.... I have a similar experience. I feel very happy and enthusiastic once the sun is out, but once its cloudy or so... I don't feel as energized as with sunny weather.

Upvote 1
as a starter, let's think about it rationally, what is depression, Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, thinks and behaves and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. we can analyze that there is such a thing as depression, but the thing is, nowadays us humans do not know how to control it, the study of conciseness and the auto thinking, just like what all the philosophers around the world agreed, "you become what you think of", when you are feeling depressed or stressed, or anxiety overwhelming you, the best solution is engraving a mindset of positive thinking, always thinking rationally and positive when you first wake up you don't say "oh I don't wanna do this and this", instead you try to organize what you should do, depression does exist, but us human can take over it easily, so why not try to do your best
can a person have depression yet not have loss of interest

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account