Do you have childhood trauma?

Join the Discussion Create a free account

More than I can begin to list... The first time I experienced any childhood trauma was when I was five years old. My family had this neighbor with two children, Jessica and Jeremy. Jeremy was a teenage kid who'd just gotten his Driver's License, and had a pick-up truck. Long story short: He ran me over. Not a single broken bone, but I did have to learn to walk on my left leg again. That accident scared me away from wanting to get my own Driver's License until I was 22 years old. I was so terrified at the thought that I'd end up doing something similar. I mean, that's got to be one of the worst things that can happen when you are a driver: Running over someone's child or their beloved pet. But because I decided to wait, it helped me feel much better in the long-run. I wanted to make sure I was fully prepared for the responsibility.

Upvote 0
More than I can begin to list... The first time I experienced any childhood trauma was when I was five years old. My family had this neighbor with two children, Jessica and Jeremy. Jeremy was a teenage kid who'd just gotten his Driver's License, and had a pick-up truck. Long story short: He ran me over. Not a single broken bone, but I did have to learn to walk on my left leg again. That accident scared me away from wanting to get my own Driver's License until I was 22 years old. I was so terrified at the thought that I'd end up doing something similar. I mean, that's got to be one of the worst things that can happen when you are a driver: Running over someone's child or their beloved pet. But because I decided to wait, it helped me feel much better in the long-run. I wanted to make sure I was fully prepared for the responsibility.
I got alot! I just joined today I'm wanting to use this site to express myself with out anyone knowing who I am. Just bc there's things I wanna share but don't want to 🤣. Hopefully I get this figured out and maybe you'll stumble across it

Upvote 0
I got alot! I just joined today I'm wanting to use this site to express myself with out anyone knowing who I am. Just bc there's things I wanna share but don't want to 🤣. Hopefully I get this figured out and maybe you'll stumble across it
Welcome! Nothing wrong with being Anonymous. I'm sure that I'll come across your writing :).

Upvote 0
Yes....I mean I think In a way, everyone carries some kind of trauma, don't matter which from of trauma. I also am here to express myself without anyone actually knowing who I am. Just last year in September I moved out of my childhood home, where I moved in with my mom. Someone who I wasn't always the closest with. I can honestly say I'm struggling a little, not having contact with the people I left behind when I moved out. However no matter how much I miss them, or feel when I think about them, I don't regret moving.

Upvote 0
Yes....I mean I think In a way, everyone carries some kind of trauma, don't matter which from of trauma. I also am here to express myself without anyone actually knowing who I am. Just last year in September I moved out of my childhood home, where I moved in with my mom. Someone who I wasn't always the closest with. I can honestly say I'm struggling a little, not having contact with the people I left behind when I moved out. However no matter how much I miss them, or feel when I think about them, I don't regret moving.
Very true... Some people just handle it differently, I suppose. I probably shouldn't have asked the question, but it was a way for starting a topic that I was thinking about at the time.

I can relate to not being the closest with my mother, either... It's a big step that you made to move out on your own. There's going to be an adjustment period, but it's something to be proud of. And it's good that you don't regret moving. It's okay to miss the people that are back where you used to live; Maybe you'll have the chance to visit them someday. :)

Upvote 0
Very true... Some people just handle it differently, I suppose. I probably shouldn't have asked the question, but it was a way for starting a topic that I was thinking about at the time.

I can relate to not being the closest with my mother, either... It's a big step that you made to move out on your own. There's going to be an adjustment period, but it's something to be proud of. And it's good that you don't regret moving. It's okay to miss the people that are back where you used to live; Maybe you'll have the chance to visit them someday. :)
Hey there, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I totaly get where you're coming from. Sometimes we ask questions just to start a conversation and it doesn't always go as planned. But hey, that's how we learn and grow as people, right?

And to the OP, I can also relate to not beng super close with my mom. It's not always easy, but moving out on your own is a huge step and something to be proud of. It's totally normal to miss the people you left behind, but remember that you can always visit them in the future!!

It's great to hear that you don't regret your decision to move. The adjustment period can be tough tho, but it's all part of the process. I hope everything works out for you and that you continue to grow and thrive in your new environment <3 I wish you all the best of course!!!!

Upvote 0
I guess in Africa we have a lot but no one knows if its a trauma.
Why do you think that? I have traveled to Tanzania and Kenya three years ago, and when I spoke to the people they told me they really loved their country. Of course there might be people that don't show their complete story, but still... Im curious about your opinion!

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account