Teen writer

Join the Discussion Create a free account

I have wanted to be a writer since I was about 10 years old. I wrote sooooo much poetry during middle school. I would try to get into writing short stories, but I could never finish them. Poetry was my biggest outlet for my creative side, and it felt like it was my calling. I'd always wanted to publish a book of my poems. But during my teenage years, I endured so much discouragement from being a writer- not just from other readers, but from my own family. They destroyed my confidence in my dreams, in myself... And I'm just now trying to find it again. The biggest regret that I'll ever have is allowing them to do that.

My advice: Don't listen to what anyone else thinks. It doesn't matter what age you are if you want to become a writer... or anything else Life is far too short to let other people control your happiness. You want to publish a book? Go for it. I'll look forward to being one of the first readers when you do. 🙂👍

Reactions: Sugarcuberss
Upvote 0

Didi

I have wanted to be a writer since I was about 10 years old. I wrote sooooo much poetry during middle school. I would try to get into writing short stories, but I could never finish them. Poetry was my biggest outlet for my creative side, and it felt like it was my calling. I'd always wanted to publish a book of my poems. But during my teenage years, I endured so much discouragement from being a writer- not just from other readers, but from my own family. They destroyed my confidence in my dreams, in myself... And I'm just now trying to find it again. The biggest regret that I'll ever have is allowing them to do that.

My advice: Don't listen to what anyone else thinks. It doesn't matter what age you are if you want to become a writer... or anything else Life is far too short to let other people control your happiness. You want to publish a book? Go for it. I'll look forward to being one of the first readers when you do. 🙂👍
That is very inspiring and cool to read!! Did you ever started blogging or publishing your poems??

Reactions: andersonsam
Upvote 0
That is very inspiring and cool to read!! Did you ever started blogging or publishing your poems??
Thank you... Unfortunately, I'd never gotten the chance to publish my poems. I used to have them all written down on notebook paper and I never thought to make copies of them. Somewhere over time, I ended up losing almost all of them (I'm pretty sure that a family member threw them away, whether by mistake or on purpose). There is one poem that I still have from when I was in 8th grade, and there are a few more that I'm trying to remember so that I can get them written down. If I'm able to get enough of them written down again, I've considered blogging or publishing them. There is this website I've found called Commaful, where people can publish their creative writing. I'm planning to explore it more when I get the chance.

Reactions: Sugarcuberss
Upvote 0

Sugarcuberss

Original poster

Ty I do love writing novels and writing poetry is cool

Reactions: hsnyder1994
Upvote 0
Hi.. sorry but does anyone know how this works.. if you set up an account .. do you just post and look for replies?? or is there a way to set up a group discussion so for example is there a way to set up am account for ABC Pizza... so customers can go to that discussion group.. it say there is 24 support on this site but .. I can't seem to find it... any suggestions thank you !!

Upvote 0

Didi

Hi.. sorry but does anyone know how this works.. if you set up an account .. do you just post and look for replies?? or is there a way to set up a group discussion so for example is there a way to set up am account for ABC Pizza... so customers can go to that discussion group.. it say there is 24 support on this site but .. I can't seem to find it... any suggestions thank you !!
Welcome!!! Yes! You can just post anything like questions, stories and other things and get replies… like Twitter and Facebook!

I’ve been an internal tester for a group feature and from my understanding this’ll be released very soon… based on what you write, the group feature is exactly what you are looking for!

Upvote 0

Sugarcuberss

Original poster
You can post anything

Reactions: Michael215
Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account