Text or call?

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Yarik

Original poster
When you want to say something to someone quickly, would you rather call them or text them?

For me, it depends on the situation. If it's something important that the person must be immediately informed of, I would call them. But if it can wait and it's not on the first line of the day, I would text them. Something to consider when texting people is how long it would take them to see your message.

Upvote 0
When it comes to communication, I normally always tend to text rather than do a call. To be completely honest with you, I can talk on the phone if I absolutely have to, but it's the last resort for me. Over time, with the world-changing and becoming more technological, I feel like this has caused us as a human civilization to become socially anxious in some ways of actually speaking to other people. It's much easier for some of us to text rather than to call. I'm sure many others will agree with me on this.

Upvote 0

Barida

Most of the times, I prefer texting to calling. Don't get me wrong, but I always put into consideration how some of my friends will feel when my calls become the reason they are forced to be awake when they should be sleeping.

Calling is great for emergencies, as you said, but I enjoy texting and getting replies instead of being the one to place those calls.

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account