White bathing suit plus a period?

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Camila

Communications Student
Original poster
white-bathing-suit-plus-a-period?

I’m hemming and hawing between some options here, and figured the internet would be plenty opinionated. In less than two weeks I am going on vacation— also a belated honeymoon. Originally, the plan was to go to Colorado and then up towards Seattle, which mid October is not very swim weather. Last minute we decided to head southerly to Phoenix and San Diego instead. Mainly due to the fact that my husband knows I might perish if I don’t get to go swimming on vacation. Right smack dab in the middle of it, I am slated to get my period. Mine are a little unpredictable in that sometimes I have a normal amount of flow, and sometimes I have a shit ton.

To complicate things further, the last time I wore a swimsuit was pre pandemic. Needless to say I was an entirely different shape and age bracket. I’ve spent the past couple of days panic shopping for now out of season swimwear, that I will feel even slightly confident in. I found a one piece suit that I actually love, but with one hang up— it’s white. Let me tell you also, I tried on plenty of black swimsuits too, which were definitely plainer so that might be it, and hated them against my pale ass who has spent too much time inside working this summer as opposed to getting a little sunshine.

Now that you have the back story— here are my options:

1. wear a menstrual cup and pray for the best -will a menstrual cup hold up to my unpredictable flow though? Is it possible to wear a tampon and a menstrual cup at the same time?

2. dye the swimsuit -but what color? Is there another color that will compliment my palor like this cream color? Yet still contrast enough to not look like my skin tone and therefor make me look naked? I’m afraid to dye it black since historically black swimwear does not do it for me.

3. is period under wear a viable option here? -I’ve never tried them so I don’t know if it would end up kind of like a soggy diaper or not, it would be in addition to the cup, as an added measure, to steer blood away from the swimsuit hopefully, but will it wash through being in the water?

4. do I place bets on the Amazon black cupshe swimsuit to both arrive in time and change my mind about black swimwear?

I want the white swimsuit. I want to be in the water as much as possible. They also have a slide. I like slides. How can I have it all????

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account