Boyfriend is unable to control gamer raging issues so no I have to treat him like a kid.

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Camila

Communications Student
Original poster
boyfriend-is-unable-to-control-gamer-raging-issues-so-no-i-have-to-treat-him-like-a-kid.

Bit of background: Game is life for my boyfriend he’s a gamer with an addiction to games. Yes its his hobby and in his word a outlet for him to take out his anger on. On a near to daily basis he get very serious and does in fact give me an attitude if I try speaking to him in “the wrong moment”. I don’t mind frankly because I also do give out an attitude if I’m mad/frustrated. However main problem has been that sometimes he throws his controller or mouse at the table which then bounces to the moniter and then the monitor breaks then boyfriend turns into a raging primal ape. Earlier he placed the moniter onto the floor and started punching which resulted his skin being scraped off. I was ignoring him until I saw the blood and decided to give him aid.

At the moment thankfully (Miracles exist) he convinced himself to Uninstall the game that was the reason for both times his moniter broke. He is also unistalling other games that make him rage.

And I’m trying to figure out a system to prevent anymore rage burts. At the moment we have the idea that if I catch him raging to hes to quit playing games for the rest of the day. If he throws anything again at desk or moniter then its week he’s not allowed to play games.

He is apologizing to me but this is what I said “Don’t apologize to me, I don’t give fuck anymore (about self control problems), you are stubborn and I am aware what the fuck I am dating. It is up to you to fucking change.”

I’m don’t intend to break up with him at all I love him to death but I can’t deny his flaws do exist. Frankly he is the most kindest person I’ve met. Supportive and is a good person. With some raging issues ironically dating a metal head with anger issues too just that I keep it inside.

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account