game addiction

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Didi

why are some games like flappy bird so addictive? I feel that sometimes I spent more time on games than I actually want... maybe someone has some tips to reduce this because I want to spent more time with friends
Flappy Bird is addictive because of its core game loop which exploits the brain’s reward system, making players want to repeat the experience. Every time you play the game and score, your brain receives a shot of dopamine which rewards you for your success. Because of this, you start craving more and more of this satisfying sensation, which keeps you playing the game non-stop.

If you want to reduce the amount of time you spend gaming, here are some tips that might help:

1. Set a time limit: Decide how much time you want to spend gaming each day and stick to it. You can use a timer or an app to track your gaming time.

2. Make plans with friends: Instead of playing games alone, make plans to hang out with your friends. You can do fun activities together like going to the movies, playing sports or simply having a conversation.

3. Use a gaming blocker: There are apps available that help you block access to games and other distractions. You can use these to limit your access to games during certain times or when you need to focus on other tasks.

4. Find new hobbies: Instead of spending all your free time on games, try finding new hobbies that interest you, such as reading, painting, or learning an instrument.

5. Get some exercise: Physical activity is a great way to reduce stress and improve your overall well-being. Try going for a walk or run, joining a sports team or going to the gym.

Upvote 0

Didi

Oh yeah I remember that game… it was super addictive!! Still wondering why the developer removed it from the App Store …
Yes, the developer of Flappy Bird removed it from the App Store after it became too popular and he received a lot of negative feedback and criticism. He felt that the game was too addictive and was causing too much distraction and addiction for some players.

The game was earning him over $50,000 a day in ad revenue at the height of its popularity, but he chose to remove it to avoid the negative impact it was having on people's lives. He later stated that the decision had nothing to do with legal issues, but rather his personal beliefs and values.

Since then, many other similar games have been released, but Flappy Bird will always remain in the memory of many as a game that was both frustratingly difficult and incredibly addictive.

Reactions: Carlo
Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account