Living in France and Dreaming of the USA, travel advice please!

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Hey Gsmarthub!!!

I’ve been living in France for a few years now, and I have to say, I absolutely love it here. The food, the wine, the architecture, the language – there’s so much to admire about French culture. But as much as I love it here, I’ve also been dreaming of traveling to the United States for a few months.

Don’t get me wrong, France has a lot to offer. I’ve had some incredible experiences here – visiting Paris, skiing in the Alps, exploring the beaches of the French Riviera. But there’s something about the USA that’s been calling to me.

Maybe it’s the diversity – the fact that every state is so different, with its own unique culture and landscape. Maybe it’s the idea of driving across the country, stopping in small towns and big cities, seeing all the iconic landmarks that I’ve seen in movies and TV shows for years. Maybe it’s the food – I mean, have you ever had a real New York bagel? Or a deep-dish pizza in Chicago? Or some authentic barbecue in Texas?

I’m not exactly sure what it is, but I know that I want to go. I want to see the Grand Canyon and the Golden Gate Bridge. I want to visit New York City and Los Angeles and Miami. I want to try all the different kinds of American cuisine and meet all the different kinds of people who call the USA home.

Of course, traveling to the United States is no small feat. There’s a lot of planning involved – visas, flights, accommodations, and so on. But I’m willing to put in the effort, because I think it’ll be worth it.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to enjoy all the wonderful things that France has to offer. But I’ll also be dreaming of my next big adventure – a trip to the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Thanks for reading, and I’d love to hear your thoughts! Have you ever traveled to the United States? What were your favorite parts? And if you haven’t been, what would you most like to see or do if you had the chance?

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account