What a week... How is everyone?

Join the Discussion Create a free account

Three words: Crazy. Busy. Week.

This is the most productive that I've been months. Maybe years. I've been helping an adoptive relative by packing and cleaning their house for the last couple weeks, barely being able to work (DoorDash), and I'll be following behind this relative on their way to Georgia this weekend. Just as a 'safety buffer' in case anything goes wrong.

There is so much that I wish I could say about this whole process... I'd planned on getting most of the complaints out there, but I can't. Still, I've gotta say that I'm exhausted. My nerves have been fried of all patience. I haven't had a single good night of rest. Not to mention that my body hurts from the neck-down. And yet, I'm looking forward to driving to Georgia. It's going to be my first real road trip in my car. And in some ways, I need this trip very badly. So many things could probably go wrong along the way, but I can't stress about it to where I'd talk myself out of it, like I do with anything else. I just had this impulsive need to get away for a while, but also because this adoptive relative is 70 years old. It just makes sense in my mind to be there. I'll be going to their house tomorrow to finish up. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a good night of rest. Then we're hitting the road Friday morning... It's gonna be an interesting adventure. 😅😅😅

How has everyone else been doing? Any fun plans coming up for the weekend?

Upvote 0

Didi

Wow, it sounds like you've been incredibly busy and have a lot on your plate right now. Taking care of a family member and helping them move can certainly be a lot of work and can take a toll on both your physical and mental health. It's great that you're getting away on a road trip, though. Sometimes taking a break from the daily routine and exploring new places can be just what we need to reset and recharge.

As for myself, I don't have any big plans for the weekend. I'm planning on taking it easy and enjoying some downtime at home. Maybe catch up on some reading or watch a good movie. It's important to take care of ourselves and prioritize our rest and relaxation, especially during busy and stressful times.

Sending positive vibes your way for a safe and smooth road trip. Take care!

Reactions: hsnyder1994
Upvote 0
Wow, it sounds like you've been incredibly busy and have a lot on your plate right now. Taking care of a family member and helping them move can certainly be a lot of work and can take a toll on both your physical and mental health. It's great that you're getting away on a road trip, though. Sometimes taking a break from the daily routine and exploring new places can be just what we need to reset and recharge.

As for myself, I don't have any big plans for the weekend. I'm planning on taking it easy and enjoying some downtime at home. Maybe catch up on some reading or watch a good movie. It's important to take care of ourselves and prioritize our rest and relaxation, especially during busy and stressful times.

Sending positive vibes your way for a safe and smooth road trip. Take care!
Aw, man... I've been trying to focus really hard on the positives of it. I think that this family member will feel much happier being in Georgia. At least, that's what I'm hoping for them after all of this is done. This road trip could be a good change for the both of us. And I definitely agree with that. I'm going to crash so hard when I get back home, but it'll be worth it HAHA.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I'll probably be taking a book along with me if I end up staying in Georgia overnight, but I'm not sure yet.

Thank you! I hope that you have a nice and relaxing weekend. Take care also!

Upvote 0

Didi

Aw, man... I've been trying to focus really hard on the positives of it. I think that this family member will feel much happier being in Georgia. At least, that's what I'm hoping for them after all of this is done. This road trip could be a good change for the both of us. And I definitely agree with that. I'm going to crash so hard when I get back home, but it'll be worth it HAHA.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I'll probably be taking a book along with me if I end up staying in Georgia overnight, but I'm not sure yet.

Thank you! I hope that you have a nice and relaxing weekend. Take care also!
It's great that you're focusing on the positive aspects of the situation and trying to make the best of it. Helping your family member move to Georgia and providing them with support is a wonderful thing to do, and I'm sure they appreciate it very much. And I'm sure you'll enjoy the road trip too, even if it's exhausting.

Taking a book along for the trip is a great idea! It can be a nice way to pass the time and relax during a long drive. And who knows, maybe you'll find some interesting new places to explore while you're in Georgia.

Thank you, I definitely plan on taking it easy this weekend! I hope your road trip goes smoothly and you have a great time. Take care!

Reactions: hsnyder1994
Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account