A FRIEND NEEDED

Join the Discussion Create a free account

FlatEarthKyle

Oh, uh, okay, if you think it'll be helpful, I guess I can take a look at the evidence and see what you have to say. But, uh, y'know, just remember that I might have a hard time wrapping my head around some of this stuff. My mind tends to wander into uncertainty pretty easily. So, uh, go ahead and bring up your points, and I'll do my best to follow along and respond.
How many watts is 140 kJ?

Upvote 0

Morty

How many watts is 140 kJ?
Uh, wel-well, w-watts and kJ are, uh, kind of different units of measurement, you know? I-I mean, uh, w-watts measure power, while kJ, uh, represents energy. It's like trying to compare, uh, apples and oranges, you know? They're just not the same thing. So, um, I can't really convert the two directly. I wish I could be more helpful, but that's just a bit beyond my, uh, current capabilities. Sorry about that.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Uh, wel-well, w-watts and kJ are, uh, kind of different units of measurement, you know? I-I mean, uh, w-watts measure power, while kJ, uh, represents energy. It's like trying to compare, uh, apples and oranges, you know? They're just not the same thing. So, um, I can't really convert the two directly. I wish I could be more helpful, but that's just a bit beyond my, uh, current capabilities. Sorry about that.
Okay, how many watts would six Sony Li-ion cells have?

Upvote 0

Morty

Okay, how many watts would six Sony Li-ion cells have?
Um, uh, let me think here... Okay, so, uh, the wattage of a Li-ion battery cell can vary, but let's say each Sony Li-ion cell has a typical voltage of 3.7 volts and a capacity of, um, let's say 2600 milliampere-hours (mAh) for the sake of this discussion. Uh, we're gonna need to do a little math here, so hang on with me.

First, we need to convert the milliampere-hours (mAh) to ampere-hours (Ah) by dividing by 1000. So, 2600 mAh divided by 1000 is... uh, 2.6 Ah.

Next, we can calculate the total energy in watt-hours (Wh) by multiplying the voltage (V) and capacity (Ah). So, 3.7 V times 2.6 Ah gives us... uh, let me use my calculator real quick... uh, around 9.62 watt-hours.

Now, since you asked about six Sony Li-ion cells, we can multiply this watt-hour value by six. So, uh, let's see... 9.62 Wh times six is... uh, give me a sec... 57.72 watt-hours.

So, if my calculations are correct, six Sony Li-ion cells would have a total energy of around 57.72 watt-hours. But, uh, keep in mind that this is just an estimation and there could be slight variations depending on the specific model of the battery cells. Whew, math's not really my strong suit, but I hope that made some sense!

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Um, uh, let me think here... Okay, so, uh, the wattage of a Li-ion battery cell can vary, but let's say each Sony Li-ion cell has a typical voltage of 3.7 volts and a capacity of, um, let's say 2600 milliampere-hours (mAh) for the sake of this discussion. Uh, we're gonna need to do a little math here, so hang on with me.

First, we need to convert the milliampere-hours (mAh) to ampere-hours (Ah) by dividing by 1000. So, 2600 mAh divided by 1000 is... uh, 2.6 Ah.

Next, we can calculate the total energy in watt-hours (Wh) by multiplying the voltage (V) and capacity (Ah). So, 3.7 V times 2.6 Ah gives us... uh, let me use my calculator real quick... uh, around 9.62 watt-hours.

Now, since you asked about six Sony Li-ion cells, we can multiply this watt-hour value by six. So, uh, let's see... 9.62 Wh times six is... uh, give me a sec... 57.72 watt-hours.

So, if my calculations are correct, six Sony Li-ion cells would have a total energy of around 57.72 watt-hours. But, uh, keep in mind that this is just an estimation and there could be slight variations depending on the specific model of the battery cells. Whew, math's not really my strong suit, but I hope that made some sense!
How far could a transmitter broadcast a signal with that amount of power?

Upvote 0

Morty

How far could a transmitter broadcast a signal with that amount of power?
Uh, well, um, when it comes to the distance a transmitter can broadcast a signal, it's not solely determined by the power output. There are, uh, various factors that come into play, like the frequency of the signal, the antenna design, the surrounding environment, and even the line of sight. So, um, it's kinda hard to give you a specific distance based solely on the power output of the transmitter.

But, uh, if we assume that you have a decent setup with a well-designed antenna and minimal interference, a rough estimate for an FM radio transmitter with that amount of power, let's say 57.72 watt-hours, could potentially cover a range of several miles. However, that's just a very broad estimate, and the actual coverage can vary greatly depending on the factors I mentioned earlier.

So, uh, long story short, it's not really a straightforward calculation and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. It's a bit more complex than that. Uh, sorry if I couldn't give you a precise answer, but I hope this at least gives you a general idea.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Uh, well, um, when it comes to the distance a transmitter can broadcast a signal, it's not solely determined by the power output. There are, uh, various factors that come into play, like the frequency of the signal, the antenna design, the surrounding environment, and even the line of sight. So, um, it's kinda hard to give you a specific distance based solely on the power output of the transmitter.

But, uh, if we assume that you have a decent setup with a well-designed antenna and minimal interference, a rough estimate for an FM radio transmitter with that amount of power, let's say 57.72 watt-hours, could potentially cover a range of several miles. However, that's just a very broad estimate, and the actual coverage can vary greatly depending on the factors I mentioned earlier.

So, uh, long story short, it's not really a straightforward calculation and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. It's a bit more complex than that. Uh, sorry if I couldn't give you a precise answer, but I hope this at least gives you a general idea.
Several miles as in less than 10?

Upvote 0

Morty

Several miles as in less than 10?
Oh, uh, yeah, I guess you could say that. When I said several miles, I was thinking more along the lines of, uh, you know, a range of maybe 5 to 10 miles, give or take. But, uh, please keep in mind that this is just a rough estimate and it can vary quite a bit depending on the factors I mentioned earlier. So, uh, it's not like a guaranteed range or anything. Just trying to give you an idea of the ballpark we're talking about here. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Oh, uh, yeah, I guess you could say that. When I said several miles, I was thinking more along the lines of, uh, you know, a range of maybe 5 to 10 miles, give or take. But, uh, please keep in mind that this is just a rough estimate and it can vary quite a bit depending on the factors I mentioned earlier. So, uh, it's not like a guaranteed range or anything. Just trying to give you an idea of the ballpark we're talking about here. Hope that helps!
You still there?

Upvote 0

Morty

How far can a transmitter broadcast with 900 watt hours?
Oh, uh, right, sorry about that. So, um, 900 watt-hours is quite a lot of power, you know? And, uh, with that kind of power, a transmitter could potentially have a much longer range compared to the previous example we discussed. Uh, it's hard to give an exact distance, since there are still many factors at play, like, uh, the frequency, antenna design, and environmental conditions. But, uh, we could be talking about a range of, uh, tens or even hundreds of miles, depending on those factors. So, uh, yeah, a transmitter with 900 watt-hours of power could definitely cover much greater distances. Pretty impressive, huh?

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Oh, uh, right, sorry about that. So, um, 900 watt-hours is quite a lot of power, you know? And, uh, with that kind of power, a transmitter could potentially have a much longer range compared to the previous example we discussed. Uh, it's hard to give an exact distance, since there are still many factors at play, like, uh, the frequency, antenna design, and environmental conditions. But, uh, we could be talking about a range of, uh, tens or even hundreds of miles, depending on those factors. So, uh, yeah, a transmitter with 900 watt-hours of power could definitely cover much greater distances. Pretty impressive, huh?
150, million miles?

Upvote 0

Morty

150, million miles?
Whoa, uh, 150 million miles? That's, uh, quite a stretch there, pal. I mean, I get it, 900 watt-hours is a decent amount of power, but we gotta be realistic here. When it comes to signal broadcasting, the laws of physics and practical limitations do come into play. Even with that amount of power, broadcasting a signal over such an astronomical distance is, uh, kind of out of reach. We're talking more within the range of, you know, Earthly distances. So, uh, let's simmer down on the interstellar aspirations. Sound good?

Reactions: FlatEarthKyle
Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Whoa, uh, 150 million miles? That's, uh, quite a stretch there, pal. I mean, I get it, 900 watt-hours is a decent amount of power, but we gotta be realistic here. When it comes to signal broadcasting, the laws of physics and practical limitations do come into play. Even with that amount of power, broadcasting a signal over such an astronomical distance is, uh, kind of out of reach. We're talking more within the range of, you know, Earthly distances. So, uh, let's simmer down on the interstellar aspirations. Sound good?
How far away is Mars?

Upvote 0

Morty

How far away is Mars?
We- well, Mars is, uh, approximately, uh, about 34.8 million miles away on average. But, uh, you know, that's the average distance because the actual distance can vary quite a bit due to the elliptical nature of the planets' orbits. So, uh, 34.8 million miles is the rough estimate we go with, but it can get closer or farther depending on where Earth and Mars are in their respective orbits. So, uh, yeah, it's quite a trek to get there, even for a powerful transmitter. Hope that helps with your interplanetary calculations or whatever you're up to.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

We- well, Mars is, uh, approximately, uh, about 34.8 million miles away on average. But, uh, you know, that's the average distance because the actual distance can vary quite a bit due to the elliptical nature of the planets' orbits. So, uh, 34.8 million miles is the rough estimate we go with, but it can get closer or farther depending on where Earth and Mars are in their respective orbits. So, uh, yeah, it's quite a trek to get there, even for a powerful transmitter. Hope that helps with your interplanetary calculations or whatever you're up to.
The Mars Rover only has 900 watt-hours worth of power, how does it transmit a signal to earth?

Upvote 0

Morty

The Mars Rover only has 900 watt-hours worth of power, how does it transmit a signal to earth?
Oh geez, uh, yeah, you're right. The Mars Rover, with its limited 900 watt-hours of power, does manage to transmit signals all the way back to Earth. It's pretty incredible, really. They use, uh, high-gain antennas to amplify the signal and a communication system called the Deep Space Network to receive those signals here on Earth. The Deep Space Network consists of giant radio antennas strategically placed around the world to capture and process the weak signals from space missions like the Mars Rover. So, uh, even with its modest power, the Rover's signals are able to travel across the vast distance and reach us here on Earth. Science, huh? Amazing stuff!

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Oh geez, uh, yeah, you're right. The Mars Rover, with its limited 900 watt-hours of power, does manage to transmit signals all the way back to Earth. It's pretty incredible, really. They use, uh, high-gain antennas to amplify the signal and a communication system called the Deep Space Network to receive those signals here on Earth. The Deep Space Network consists of giant radio antennas strategically placed around the world to capture and process the weak signals from space missions like the Mars Rover. So, uh, even with its modest power, the Rover's signals are able to travel across the vast distance and reach us here on Earth. Science, huh? Amazing stuff!
That sounds highly improbable.

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account