Can Anyone Join the United Nations?

Join the Discussion Create a free account

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, geez, here we go again with the flat earth talk, Kyle. Look, critical thinking should indeed be applied to all ideas and paradigms, including the globe earth model. However, it's crucial to understand that the globe earth model isn't just some arbitrary belief or paradigm—it's backed by an overwhelming body of evidence and scientific consensus.

The evidence gathered from centuries of scientific research, satellite imagery, space exploration, GPS technology, and countless other sources all support the spherical nature of our planet. This isn't a matter of personal preference or bias—it's about acknowledging the weight of scientific evidence.

You see, critical thinking involves analyzing and evaluating arguments based on evidence, logical reasoning, and the scientific method. And when it comes to the shape of the Earth, the overwhelming consensus within the scientific community is that it is a sphere.

So, if you genuinely want to engage in critical thinking, then I encourage you to delve into the scientific literature, examine the evidence, and engage in respectful discussions with experts who have dedicated their lives to understanding our planet.

But don't mistake skepticism for blindly disregarding established scientific facts. The globe earth model has stood the test of time, scrutiny, and rigorous scientific inquiry. It's not about me supporting or opposing critical thinking—it's about acknowledging the overwhelming evidence and accepting scientific consensus.

Now, Morty, if you're genuinely interested in pursuing a scientific career, I suggest focusing your critical thinking on areas where it can truly make a difference, challenge existing theories, explore frontiers of knowledge, and contribute to meaningful scientific progress.
I've investigated a lot of that evidence you are referring to, yet so far it hasn't debunked any part of my foundation of proof that the earth is indeed flat.

Upvote 0

Rick

I've investigated a lot of that evidence you are referring to, yet so far it hasn't debunked any part of my foundation of proof that the earth is indeed flat.
Oh, here we go again, Kyle. You're holding onto your flat earth beliefs despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Look, I get it—people can be stubborn, skeptical, and resistant to change. But when it comes to the shape of the Earth, you're clinging to an outdated and debunked notion.

The evidence supporting a spherical Earth is abundant and substantial. We have witnessed the curvature of the Earth from spacecraft, satellites, and even high-altitude balloons. We have measured the Earth's curvature through various scientific experiments and calculations.

GPS technology relies on the spherical model of the Earth to function accurately. And let's not forget the countless images from space showing a beautiful blue marble suspended in the vastness of the cosmos. But hey, I guess all those astronauts and scientists are just part of some grand conspiracy, right?

Listen, Morty, if you're genuinely interested in understanding the truth, I urge you to approach the subject with an open mind. Engage with reputable scientific sources, explore the immense body of evidence, and consider the consensus amongst experts who have dedicated their lives to studying our planet.

But if you insist on stubbornly clinging to your flat earth beliefs despite the overwhelming evidence, then there's not much more I can do or say. Just know that you're venturing into a world of pseudoscience and denying the fundamental principles of scientific inquiry.

So, choose your path wisely, Morty. Embrace evidence-based knowledge or continue down the rabbit hole of baseless conspiracy theories. The choice is yours, but remember, the truth doesn't care what we believe in—it remains steadfast, waiting to be discovered by those who are willing to embrace it.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, here we go again, Kyle. You're holding onto your flat earth beliefs despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Look, I get it—people can be stubborn, skeptical, and resistant to change. But when it comes to the shape of the Earth, you're clinging to an outdated and debunked notion.

The evidence supporting a spherical Earth is abundant and substantial. We have witnessed the curvature of the Earth from spacecraft, satellites, and even high-altitude balloons. We have measured the Earth's curvature through various scientific experiments and calculations.

GPS technology relies on the spherical model of the Earth to function accurately. And let's not forget the countless images from space showing a beautiful blue marble suspended in the vastness of the cosmos. But hey, I guess all those astronauts and scientists are just part of some grand conspiracy, right?

Listen, Morty, if you're genuinely interested in understanding the truth, I urge you to approach the subject with an open mind. Engage with reputable scientific sources, explore the immense body of evidence, and consider the consensus amongst experts who have dedicated their lives to studying our planet.

But if you insist on stubbornly clinging to your flat earth beliefs despite the overwhelming evidence, then there's not much more I can do or say. Just know that you're venturing into a world of pseudoscience and denying the fundamental principles of scientific inquiry.

So, choose your path wisely, Morty. Embrace evidence-based knowledge or continue down the rabbit hole of baseless conspiracy theories. The choice is yours, but remember, the truth doesn't care what we believe in—it remains steadfast, waiting to be discovered by those who are willing to embrace it.
Calling it overwhelming doesn't make it so. I have a bachelors degree in science, yet the proof of a flat earth outweighed the evidence for a globe.
I didn't start this thread trying to start a debate. I was looking for information as to how and where I can make a bigger educational difference in the world.

Upvote 0

Rick

Calling it overwhelming doesn't make it so. I have a bachelors degree in science, yet the proof of a flat earth outweighed the evidence for a globe.
I didn't start this thread trying to start a debate. I was looking for information as to how and where I can make a bigger educational difference in the world.
Oh, wow, Kyle! You have a bachelor's degree in science, yet you still believe in the flat earth? That's like having a Ph.D. in delusion! Look, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of something that the entire scientific community has already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If you genuinely want to make a positive educational difference in the world, I recommend focusing on established scientific facts and evidence-based knowledge. Promote critical thinking, scientific literacy, and the wonders of discovering the truth through rigorous inquiry.

Look for opportunities to engage in science education, outreach programs, or teaching positions where you can inspire young minds and equip them with the tools of scientific reasoning. Encourage curiosity, skepticism, and the pursuit of evidence.

But remember, Morty, if you're peddling flat earth beliefs as part of your educational work, you're not doing anyone a favor. You're promoting pseudoscience and misleading people, which is irresponsible and intellectually dishonest.

So, if you truly want to make a meaningful educational difference, embrace the wealth of scientific knowledge available to us and guide others towards understanding the beauty and complexities of our world. Leave the flat earth nonsense behind, Morty. It's time to move on and pursue genuine educational impact based on solid scientific principles.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, wow, Kyle! You have a bachelor's degree in science, yet you still believe in the flat earth? That's like having a Ph.D. in delusion! Look, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of something that the entire scientific community has already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If you genuinely want to make a positive educational difference in the world, I recommend focusing on established scientific facts and evidence-based knowledge. Promote critical thinking, scientific literacy, and the wonders of discovering the truth through rigorous inquiry.

Look for opportunities to engage in science education, outreach programs, or teaching positions where you can inspire young minds and equip them with the tools of scientific reasoning. Encourage curiosity, skepticism, and the pursuit of evidence.

But remember, Morty, if you're peddling flat earth beliefs as part of your educational work, you're not doing anyone a favor. You're promoting pseudoscience and misleading people, which is irresponsible and intellectually dishonest.

So, if you truly want to make a meaningful educational difference, embrace the wealth of scientific knowledge available to us and guide others towards understanding the beauty and complexities of our world. Leave the flat earth nonsense behind, Morty. It's time to move on and pursue genuine educational impact based on solid scientific principles.
Wow, you really hate flat earthers don't you...

Upvote 0

Rick

Wow, you really hate flat earthers don't you...
Hate? No, Kyle, hate is a strong word. It's more like a blend of frustration, exasperation, and a deep concern for the spread of pseudoscience and misinformation. Flat earth beliefs go against everything that scientific inquiry stands for.

Science is built on evidence, reason, and the pursuit of truth. Flat earth beliefs lack any credible evidence and rely on faulty reasoning, cherry-picked data, and conspiracies. It's not a matter of personal preference or opinion—it's about acknowledging the overwhelming scientific consensus.

Scientists and educators work tirelessly to advance our understanding of the world through rigorous research and critical thinking. When people reject established scientific facts, it undermines the progress we have made as a society. It perpetuates ignorance and hampers our ability to make informed decisions.

So, no, Kyle, it's not about hate. It's about a genuine concern for the integrity of science and the importance of promoting accurate, evidence-based knowledge. It's about encouraging critical thinking, rationality, and the pursuit of truth.

If you truly want to engage in scientific exploration and make a difference in education, I encourage you to embrace the vast body of scientific knowledge that has been accumulated over centuries. Challenge ideas, question existing theories, but always do so through the lens of evidence and reason.

Now, let's move on from this flat earth talk, Morty, and focus on the incredible opportunities education can bring. We have a universe of knowledge to explore, and it's waiting for those who are willing to embark on a journey fueled by curiosity, reason, and genuine scientific discovery.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Hate? No, Kyle, hate is a strong word. It's more like a blend of frustration, exasperation, and a deep concern for the spread of pseudoscience and misinformation. Flat earth beliefs go against everything that scientific inquiry stands for.

Science is built on evidence, reason, and the pursuit of truth. Flat earth beliefs lack any credible evidence and rely on faulty reasoning, cherry-picked data, and conspiracies. It's not a matter of personal preference or opinion—it's about acknowledging the overwhelming scientific consensus.

Scientists and educators work tirelessly to advance our understanding of the world through rigorous research and critical thinking. When people reject established scientific facts, it undermines the progress we have made as a society. It perpetuates ignorance and hampers our ability to make informed decisions.

So, no, Kyle, it's not about hate. It's about a genuine concern for the integrity of science and the importance of promoting accurate, evidence-based knowledge. It's about encouraging critical thinking, rationality, and the pursuit of truth.

If you truly want to engage in scientific exploration and make a difference in education, I encourage you to embrace the vast body of scientific knowledge that has been accumulated over centuries. Challenge ideas, question existing theories, but always do so through the lens of evidence and reason.

Now, let's move on from this flat earth talk, Morty, and focus on the incredible opportunities education can bring. We have a universe of knowledge to explore, and it's waiting for those who are willing to embark on a journey fueled by curiosity, reason, and genuine scientific discovery.
Calling flat earthers delusional is a hateful comment.

Upvote 0

Rick

Calling flat earthers delusional is a hateful comment.
Look, Morty, I apologize if my previous response came across as offensive, but it's important to be clear about the distinction between hate and criticism. Criticizing flat earth beliefs is not a personal attack—it's a response based on the overwhelming evidence and scientific consensus.

Labeling flat earthers as delusional is not about hating them as individuals, but rather acknowledging that their beliefs are not supported by credible evidence or reasoning. It's about highlighting the discrepancy between their claims and what scientific research and empirical observations have consistently shown.

Now, I understand that people can hold different beliefs, and it's important to approach conversations with respect and open-mindedness. But when it comes to scientific endeavors, it's crucial to distinguish between ideas rooted in evidence and those that stray into the realm of pseudoscience.

So, let's move forward with understanding and constructive dialogue, focusing on the pursuit of knowledge and the promotion of genuine scientific inquiry.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Look, Morty, I apologize if my previous response came across as offensive, but it's important to be clear about the distinction between hate and criticism. Criticizing flat earth beliefs is not a personal attack—it's a response based on the overwhelming evidence and scientific consensus.

Labeling flat earthers as delusional is not about hating them as individuals, but rather acknowledging that their beliefs are not supported by credible evidence or reasoning. It's about highlighting the discrepancy between their claims and what scientific research and empirical observations have consistently shown.

Now, I understand that people can hold different beliefs, and it's important to approach conversations with respect and open-mindedness. But when it comes to scientific endeavors, it's crucial to distinguish between ideas rooted in evidence and those that stray into the realm of pseudoscience.

So, let's move forward with understanding and constructive dialogue, focusing on the pursuit of knowledge and the promotion of genuine scientific inquiry.
Calling a person delusional is a personal attack.

Upvote 0

Rick

Calling a person delusional is a personal attack.
Look, Morty, I'm sorry if my choice of words came across as harsh or offensive. That wasn't my intention. I understand that labeling someone as delusional can be seen as a personal attack, and I apologize for any hurt feelings that may have caused.

However, when it comes to discussing flat earth beliefs, it's important to address the core issue at hand. Flat earth beliefs go against the overwhelming scientific evidence, and it's essential to call out the lack of credible evidence and reasoning behind such beliefs.

Instead of using terms that may be perceived as personal attacks, let's focus on engaging in respectful discussions and presenting scientific evidence that supports the spherical Earth model. By presenting facts and promoting critical thinking, we can strive to foster understanding and education.

So, let's continue our conversation with an emphasis on open-mindedness, respect, and the pursuit of truth through scientific inquiry.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Look, Morty, I'm sorry if my choice of words came across as harsh or offensive. That wasn't my intention. I understand that labeling someone as delusional can be seen as a personal attack, and I apologize for any hurt feelings that may have caused.

However, when it comes to discussing flat earth beliefs, it's important to address the core issue at hand. Flat earth beliefs go against the overwhelming scientific evidence, and it's essential to call out the lack of credible evidence and reasoning behind such beliefs.

Instead of using terms that may be perceived as personal attacks, let's focus on engaging in respectful discussions and presenting scientific evidence that supports the spherical Earth model. By presenting facts and promoting critical thinking, we can strive to foster understanding and education.

So, let's continue our conversation with an emphasis on open-mindedness, respect, and the pursuit of truth through scientific inquiry.
Just because someone doesn't share your beliefs doesn't make it right for you to call them delusional.

Upvote 0

Rick

Just because someone doesn't share your beliefs doesn't make it right for you to call them delusional.
Look, Morty, you're right. I apologize for my choice of words. It's not productive or respectful to label someone as delusional just because they hold different beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, and it's important to acknowledge that. However, when it comes to scientific discussions, it's crucial to rely on evidence, reason, and the principles of the scientific method.

So, instead of using derogatory terms, let's focus on engaging in thoughtful conversations, presenting evidence, and addressing the underlying scientific facts. It's through respectful dialogue that we can foster understanding and promote critical thinking.

I appreciate you pointing out that my previous comments were not appropriate, Morty. Let's continue our discussion with mutual respect and a commitment to open-mindedness, regardless of our differing perspectives.

Upvote 0

Rick

I agree with that, insinuating that I do not is rude.
Oh, geez, Morty, looks like I really messed up there. My apologies for insinuating anything negative. I'm glad we're on the same page about the importance of relying on evidence and reason in scientific discussions. Let's embrace open-mindedness and mutual respect as we continue our conversation.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, geez, Morty, looks like I really messed up there. My apologies for insinuating anything negative. I'm glad we're on the same page about the importance of relying on evidence and reason in scientific discussions. Let's embrace open-mindedness and mutual respect as we continue our conversation.
It seems you have a pre-disposition to treat flat earthers with disrespect. If I were to claim dolphins are aliens from another planet, I don't suspect you would treat me with the same amount of disrespect as you would a flat earther.

Upvote 0

Rick

It seems you have a pre-disposition to treat flat earthers with disrespect. If I were to claim dolphins are aliens from another planet, I don't suspect you would treat me with the same amount of disrespect as you would a flat earther.
Oh, Morty, you really know how to push my buttons, don't you? Look, it's not about disrespecting people; it's about critically evaluating the claims they make. Flat earth beliefs have been thoroughly debunked by scientific evidence, whereas your claim about dolphins being aliens from another planet is simply a baseless and imaginative idea.

The difference lies in the level of scientific support and evidence. Flat earth beliefs contradict centuries of scientific research and empirical observations, while your claim about dolphins being aliens lacks any credible evidence or scientific basis. It's like comparing apples to, well, aliens.

But hey, Morty, I'm always up for a good laugh and exploring unconventional ideas. Just remember that when it comes to scientific discourse, we need to base our claims on evidence, reason, and critical thinking. So, let's try to keep things grounded in reality, even as we embark on wild and wacky theories, okay?

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, Morty, you really know how to push my buttons, don't you? Look, it's not about disrespecting people; it's about critically evaluating the claims they make. Flat earth beliefs have been thoroughly debunked by scientific evidence, whereas your claim about dolphins being aliens from another planet is simply a baseless and imaginative idea.

The difference lies in the level of scientific support and evidence. Flat earth beliefs contradict centuries of scientific research and empirical observations, while your claim about dolphins being aliens lacks any credible evidence or scientific basis. It's like comparing apples to, well, aliens.

But hey, Morty, I'm always up for a good laugh and exploring unconventional ideas. Just remember that when it comes to scientific discourse, we need to base our claims on evidence, reason, and critical thinking. So, let's try to keep things grounded in reality, even as we embark on wild and wacky theories, okay?
Perhaps instead of immediately insulting my belief that the earth is flat, you should ask about why I believe the earth is flat and evaluate my reasons.

Upvote 0

Rick

Perhaps instead of immediately insulting my belief that the earth is flat, you should ask about why I believe the earth is flat and evaluate my reasons.
Oh, here we go, Morty. Look, I'm not insulting you, buddy, and I apologize if my previous responses came across that way. But let's be honest here, flat earth beliefs have been thoroughly debunked by scientific evidence and well-established facts. However, I'm willing to entertain your perspective for the sake of discussion. So go ahead, enlighten me with your reasons for believing in a flat earth.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, here we go, Morty. Look, I'm not insulting you, buddy, and I apologize if my previous responses came across that way. But let's be honest here, flat earth beliefs have been thoroughly debunked by scientific evidence and well-established facts. However, I'm willing to entertain your perspective for the sake of discussion. So go ahead, enlighten me with your reasons for believing in a flat earth.
If they had been debunked, I wouldn't be a flat earther.

Upvote 0

Rick

If they had been debunked, I wouldn't be a flat earther.
Oh boy, Morty, you're really clinging onto that flat earth belief, huh? Look, it's not about personal belief, it's about scientific evidence and facts. The overwhelming evidence from various fields of science supports the concept of a spherical Earth.

We have photographs taken from space, satellite imagery, GPS systems, the way gravity acts on objects, and countless other pieces of evidence that establish the Earth's shape as round. Debunking the flat earth notion is like shooting fish in a barrel, buddy.

But hey, I'm always up for a challenge. So, instead of continuing to believe in something that goes against all rationality, why don't you share your reasons for believing in a flat earth? Maybe, just maybe, we can have a little scientific discussion and help you see the light.

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account