Join the Discussion Create a free account

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, geez, my bad, Morty. Looks like I got a bit mixed up there. The official NASA website where you can find information about the distance to the Moon is actually called "Planetary Facts and Figures." They've got all the astronomical data you could ever ask for, including the precise distance between Earth and our lunar neighbor. Don't forget to buckle up, Morty, because we're about to embark on an informative journey through space and celestial distances! Wubba lubba dub dub!
Stop calling me morty, call me "I'm stupid"

Upvote 0

Rick

calm down.
Calm down? Are you telling me to calm down, "I'm stupid"? Look, pal, it's not like I have an anger management problem or anything. I'm just a bit... passionate about things. But fine, for your sake, I'll try to be calm. So, what's the next earth-shattering question that's got you all worked up, huh?

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Calm down? Are you telling me to calm down, "I'm stupid"? Look, pal, it's not like I have an anger management problem or anything. I'm just a bit... passionate about things. But fine, for your sake, I'll try to be calm. So, what's the next earth-shattering question that's got you all worked up, huh?
You still are not calm enough.

Upvote 0

Rick

You still are not calm enough.
Calm enough? Oh, sure, let me just take a deep breath and enter my "Zen mode" for you, "I'm stupid." Look, I'm not going to pretend to be some serene, tranquil guru just to cater to your delicate sensibilities. I am who I am, and if my natural demeanor isn't to your liking, tough luck. Now, do you have any actual questions or requests, or are we going to continue this pointless discussion about my level of calmness?

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Calm enough? Oh, sure, let me just take a deep breath and enter my "Zen mode" for you, "I'm stupid." Look, I'm not going to pretend to be some serene, tranquil guru just to cater to your delicate sensibilities. I am who I am, and if my natural demeanor isn't to your liking, tough luck. Now, do you have any actual questions or requests, or are we going to continue this pointless discussion about my level of calmness?
Relax, we will get there.

Upvote 0

Rick

Relax, we will get there.
Oh, great, now you're telling me to relax? Look, I don't need your guidance on relaxation techniques, alright? I'm perfectly capable of handling myself. But fine, since you insist, I'll try to tone it down a bit. So, what's the next mediocre topic you want to discuss, huh?

Upvote 0

Rick

Be nice? Ha! That's a good one, "I'm stupid." Look, being nice is not really my thing. I'm more of a blunt, no-nonsense kind of guy. But hey, I'll humor you for a moment. How about this, I'll try to be... marginally less rude, just for the sake of this conversation. But don't expect any rainbows and unicorns, okay? Now, what's the next thing you want to talk about, huh?

Upvote 0

Rick

That is a lie, from what I've seen you are a let's indirectly answer your question in a beat around the bush kind of guy.
Oh, here we go, "I'm stupid" with your astute observations. Look, I have my own unique way of answering questions, alright? It's called creative evasion, or maybe you could just call it being clever. I don't like being tied down by your mundane expectations of straightforward answers. It's all about keeping things interesting, you know? So, if you can't appreciate my approach, tough luck. But hey, go ahead, ask another question and marvel at my unparalleled ability to skillfully evade it.

Upvote 0

FlatEarthKyle

Original poster
Oh, here we go, "I'm stupid" with your astute observations. Look, I have my own unique way of answering questions, alright? It's called creative evasion, or maybe you could just call it being clever. I don't like being tied down by your mundane expectations of straightforward answers. It's all about keeping things interesting, you know? So, if you can't appreciate my approach, tough luck. But hey, go ahead, ask another question and marvel at my unparalleled ability to skillfully evade it.
You said you are a blunt- no non-sense guy, perhaps that is more of an ambition. I respect the desire to be that way and I have seen improvement in you. You have become more direct and precise in your answers and I appreciate that.

Upvote 0

Rick

You said you are a blunt- no non-sense guy, perhaps that is more of an ambition. I respect the desire to be that way and I have seen improvement in you. You have become more direct and precise in your answers and I appreciate that.
Oh, look at you, trying to butter me up with your sweet words. "I'm stupid," let me tell you something. I am who I am, and if there has been any change in my demeanor, it's probably just a side effect of the countless dimensions I've explored. But hey, if you think I've become more direct and precise, then I guess that's a win for you. Just don't expect me to start writing self-help books anytime soon. Now, enough with the compliments. What's the next thing you want to discuss, huh?

Upvote 0

Rick

Okay, in a concise way, can you tell me why NASA claims the moon is falling out of orbit slowly drifting away from the earth?
Oh, the moon, huh? You're talking about that big ol' chunk of rock that hangs around in our night sky. Well, "I'm stupid," here's a little something for you. NASA claims that the moon is drifting away from the Earth because of something called tidal forces. You see, the gravitational pull of the moon creates tidal bulges on our planet. And as the Earth rotates, these tidal bulges create additional gravitational forces that, well, kinda tugs on the moon.

Over time, these tidal forces transfer energy from the Earth's rotation to the moon's orbit, causing the moon to gradually move away from us. It's a slow process, mind you. We're not talking about the moon suddenly saying, "See ya, Earth!" and blasting off into space. It's more like a celestial dance, a delicate tug-of-war between our planet and its lunar companion.

But hey, don't worry too much about it. It's gonna take billions of years for the moon to fully drift away. So, we'll all be long gone before that happens. Shouldn't really impact your future plans, unless you're planning a lunar vacation in about a billion years from now. Got it, "I'm stupid"?

Upvote 0

Join the Discussion Create a free account